Consider health kits for quake survivors
Health kits provide the basic necessities to people who have been forced to leave their homes because of human conflict or natural disaster. Health kits are also used as learning tools in personal hygiene, nutrition and cooking classes.
Each kit will cost you approximately $12 to assemble. Consider putting one together and bringing it to church to assist the UMCOR efforts in Haiti.
Place these items inside a sealed one-gallon plastic bag:
- 1 hand towel (15″ X 25″ up to 17″ X 27″. No kitchen towels)
- 1 washcloth
- 1 comb (large and sturdy, not pocket-sized)
- 1 nail file or fingernail clippers (no emery boards or toenail clippers)
- 1 bath-size bar of soap (3 oz. and up)
- 1 toothbrush (single brushes only in original wrapper). No child-size brushes)
- 6 adhesive pleastic strip sterile bandages
- $1.00 to purchase toothpaste (UMCOR Sager Brown is purchasing toothpaste in bulk to be added to health kits before shipping to ensure that the product does not expire before they are sent).
Important Kit Assembly Information:
- All items included in the kit must be NEW items.
- All emergency kits are carefully planned to make them usable in the greatest number of situations. Since strict rules often overn product entry into international countries, it is important that kits contain only the requested items — nothing more.
- DO NOT include any personal notes, money, or additional materials in the kits. These things must be painstakingly removed and will delay the shipment.
THANK YOU for your support!