Two new dates for training
Two new dates have been added for Family Promise training sessions.
Our church will be hosting its first Family Promise families, Aug. 13-20. If you want to volunteer that week and be part of this Family Promise mission, you will need to go through a training session coordinated by Family Promise organizers.
The new training sessions are:
Sunday, Aug. 6: Hope Gateway United Methodist Church (509 Forest Ave., Portland), 1-4 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 7: St. Ansgar Lutheran Church (515 Woodford Street, Portland), 5:30-8:30 p.m.
If you have any questions about our church’s hosting week, please contact:
- Deanne Burr (email@example.com) 712-8403
- Linda Webster (firstname.lastname@example.org) 809-9730
For the Aug. 13-20 host week, we still are in need of:
- 11 overnight volunteers, 8 p.m.-6 a.m.
- Several people to cook and serve a hot breakfast on Saturday morning, Aug. 19
- Two volunteers to drop off dinner on Saturday, Aug. 19
- Volunteers willing to eat dinner with guest families and spend fellowship time with them until 8 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 19
- Volunteers to help with laundry before and after our host week